[Dailydrool] Buddy in Caramillo

Richard Schmeltz richard_schmeltz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 9 18:18:02 PST 2012

Proof positive (and horrid), yet again, that (present virtual company excepted),
most dogs are better than most people.

I share the grief. I understand the rage. That said, I trust that God will see
to the perp, if not in this world, then certainly in the next. Of course, as
this world goes, I wouldn't mind if the perp winds up sharing a cell with a
300-lb body builder who happens to be fond of hounds.

In truth, my fervent wish is that this NOT cause the folks at BHRSC to be
reluctant to approve loving, worthy families for adoption. My family is about to
submit an application to adopt. It would be our second adoption from BHRSC, our
beloved Bullet (not Buttle) having been the first. It may seem selfish (it
really isn't), but I hope that what happened to poor dear Buddy doesn't result
in a moratorium on adoption applications.

Hubby to Patty, poppa/wrangler/slave/body pillow/security blanket to Snoopy the
beagle, and now 9 dear departed companions ATB .