[Dailydrool] Thanksgiving Blessings

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 03:28:48 PST 2012

Three years ago, yesterday, I met Pierre Jr. for the first time, and it was
love at first sight.  He was nine months old, and I first saw his posting
on the OBR website, in my search for a puppy for another, (Hi Angelika),
but he was meant for me.  I stared at his photo many times a day, for a
month, and on the one month anniversary of Sr's passing, I applied for him.
 Five days later, I drove 14 hours each way to rescue him.  Thank you OBR,
you are a wonderful rescue organization, and please, please let us vote for
them as much as possible.  Thank you, Kathie, his foster Mom, you are
amazing.  Thank you, Angelika, for turning him down, and now you have your
perfect match as well.  Jr. is not my only hound in the house, but Sr's
passing was such a huge loss to me that the other hounds in the house were
incapable to heal my heart.  Jr. did it in an instant.  Jr. has issues,
different than Sr's, but issues are a diversion that grab attention and
create a bond.  Sr's were allergy related, Jr's are behavioral.  In this
moment, I am so grateful.  We survived Sandy with little difficulty, just
inconvenience. Nigel's ultra sound results were good, no depth to the
melanoma.  Jean Paul is having an arthritic flair, but at least I
remembered correctly that since he is on pred for his chronic cough, he
cannot have rimadyl, but he is getting a dose of tramadol three times a
day.  He had pano till he was four, and his nick name is tripod, so I think
this will pass in a day or so.  The Turkey is cooked, and yes, it was well
guarded or else one of the hounds would have snarked it.

May you all have the best Thanksgiving you can have, and I know more than a
few of you are going through a difficult time.

Jackie and the herd