[Dailydrool] Sadie

Sue Cline scline49 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 27 09:14:58 PST 2012

I am a lurker and a grand-slave to a 9-year-old basset, Kegger. For what it's worth, we recently went through a lot of tests, etc. with our c at t, Emily. She had been on prednisolone for a long time for IBS, and 2 years ago was diagnosed with diabetes. We came home one evening to find her nearly comatose. The result: the prednisolone had been discontinued a couple of months previously and she proved to be no longer diabetic. We were shocked; we had been gradually "killing" her with insulin shots. We were told then that the steroids "can" lead to diabetes.

Perhaps there is a balance that can be reached.
Wishing you the best with sweet Sadie.

Sue Cline
Cincinnati, OH