[Dailydrool] Sadie

Linda Collins lindaccollins at att.net
Mon Nov 26 17:55:45 PST 2012

While I follow the drool, I rarely post, but have a concern and hope someone
out there has been where we are today.  Sadie was diagnosed with Addison's
disease in March and is on a daily dose of prednisone.  Three weeks ago she
was diagnosed with diabetes and is on 12 mg of insulin twice each day.
Today she had a glucose serial done and the results started at 292, and
after her insulin shot went to 345, 418, 402, 414 and 406.  Why would her
lowest count be 13 hours after her last shot with the results increasing
after her next shot?  I can't make sense of it.  The vet is going to call me
tomorrow to talk about next steps, but it seems like we can't get Sadie to a
good place.  Between the Addison's and the diabetes we have had two uti's.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Drool to all of those in need.