[Dailydrool] Victoria BC's Basset Picnic

don/jan cook tudor2 at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 1 14:14:05 PDT 2012

Out here on the west coast of Canada, we had our annual Basset picnic on Sat. It is organized by a gal named Lydia (owner of Katie) and her daughter Lee.
The weather was terrific, and we had 21 Bassets plus some assorted other breeds show up.
The setting is a huge park with a lovely variety of trees around the edges, and the ocean in the distance. There were picnic tables under gigantic Douglas Fir trees. Just beautiful.
The Bassets etc. were all blessed by Father Anthony, a Franciscan Monk, before the games began. My Stuart and Duncan the Bldhnd, were very attentive to the Father's blessing.............. should be good for a year now! (I have a nice picture if anyone wants to see it)
Then we had longest ear, races and obedience games, lots of fun!
Stuart tied for third in the ear contest, and more or less finished the race, in his time.
A good time was had by all.
Arooooooooooo,
Jan, and Stuart, and Duncan,( who wondered where all those little short legged dogs came from, and how come they are running around and not him!)