[Dailydrool] Dog walking

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 20:11:11 PDT 2012

We have been touring NY City for the last 3 days. It amazes me to see a lot of people with their dogs walking in the big apple. They just walk without pulling, happily going along with their owners. I suspect it's because cars just go in NYC, so dog owners must train their dogs to walk perfectly on a leash. Then, as the DH and I were waiting in line in Battery Park, the DH points outs a man walking a well behaved dog in one hand and in the other hand, another dog was pulling his arm off. As I tiptoed to see what he is walking (for I'm constantly on the look to get my basset or Shar Pei fix) I saw a basset on the other end of the leash pulling the arm off the man. I couldn't help it but I thought "yah, that is more like it".

It was too bad he was so far off and going the opposite directions we were going. I had the strongest inclination to run after and cuddle with his basset. I bet he would have thought I was completely insane.

Ps if I don't cuddle with a basset soon, I might just go insane.

Nancy, missing her boys immensely, to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and Rambo