[Dailydrool] Perfect hounds

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun Oct 7 12:56:46 PDT 2012

I know I am a little late responding to this thread.  But as Brudder Elwood would say, I had to give this one a little think.  But yes the Bad A** Basset Brothers are perfect hounds.  As long as you take into consideration that they are basset hounds. For the most part they are very well behaved. They are great on the leash except when we see a person out on a walk and they pull with all their might to get to said person because everyone knows they are an adoring fan out trying to catch a glimpse of the brothers and to pet them. They are very well mannered at home until someone comes to the door, and then it is mass hysteria, you'd think that they were teenage girls and Justin Bieber just walked into the house.  Ruger squeals with delite and wiggles his whole body, Colt will whine, wiggle his whole body and sometimes do a mini basset 500. But given a few minutes they settle back down and become very good, well mannered dogs. They are well mannered and respectful of the momma until it is dinner bowl time, Ruger gets very demanding on dinner time, and after dinner kong time...he is very voicetrous at this time.  They mind the momma pretty well when I call them in, tell them its bed time, or potty time, give the belly for wipe downs etc,  Not so much with the dad.  They are great with baths, toebone cuttings, ear cleanings and even vet visits. They haven't every really tore anything up (God I hope that I didn't just jinx myself) other than paper or card board out of the recycle bin...usually as a display that I have been a bad momma, because I have spent to much time away from the house. They have however tore up a few of my undies...chewed holes in the crotches...Only my males hounds, and every male hound that I have had has done this one, and I have never understood it...just chalked it up to being a male.  But they have yet to bother a TV remote, counter cruised (floor crumb vaccuum doesn't count), or anything else of value. Okay they did chew holes in the walls, and in their beds but that was before the brown truck delivered their brains, so I don't count that either. They are not barkers (not counting treeing squirrels), or howlers (not counting Colt's sleep howling at 2-3am). And they are not door dashers (threatened them with shock collars if they started that one).  So all in all, and considering they are not "all I wanna do is please the humans" type of dogs. Hey they are basset hounds, human slave owners....they are pretty good and I dare say that they are pretty close to being perfect basset hounds/slave owners.

Chicken jerky drool to all the sick or injured hounds or humans.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers "Dear God & doG, please don't smitth me for saying my hounds are perfect"
Colt "We've got her buffalo'd now...time to go OEBE on her!"
Ruger"no, she is a pretty good momma....however if the dinner bowel is not ready by my specified time then yeah...we go OEBE!"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...