[Dailydrool] Dog vocabulary

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Sun Oct 7 22:21:51 PDT 2012

I read once that dogs generally don't understand most of what we say, as
in: "Rover, blah-blah-blah, COOKIE, blah-blah-blah, GO OUTSIDE?,
blah-blah-blah, ROVER!, blah-blah. I think this is true, and my dogs'
vocabulary is limited pretty much to Cookie, Treat, Dinner, Out Back!,
Out Front!, and (occasionally) "NO!" (not that they heed the last one
all that well). They all know their names, but also know their
nicknames, all of whom have the same ones -- as in No-No-Bad-Dog and/or
Ow-dammit or Get-Out-From-Underfoot! (my favorite). They don't pay much
attention to the latter two. How about yours?
Riche