[Dailydrool] Understanding Words

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 08:56:16 PDT 2012

Lilie and Daffodil understand the following:

Carrot (they move to the refrigerator)
Cookie (they move to the counter)
Cheese (they move to the refrigerator)
Sit!
I have to go see Daddy (they don't move)
I have to get some water (they don't move)
I have to go potty (they don't move)
I have to go to work (they move toward the door and bark to make sure that
all the ghosts are out of the stairway) (hey, that's what they tell me)
I have to clean (or do dishes) (they move because it means the kitchen and
there may be food)
Let's fix your ears (Daffodil comes, Lilie makes a U-turn)
Hurt Puppy!!  (I used it for the oven and things that will harm them - they
back away immediately)
And there are others that I can't think of right now.

I want to take this opportunity to brag.  My girls are not, in any way,
perfect.  BUT, when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the
bathroom, I simply tell them "It's still night-night" and they turn around
and go back to bed.  And, best of all, they make NO noise in the morning
until I turn on the light in the bedroom and they hear me stand up.  They
sleep in the livingroom or computer room, and are trained to potty on mats,
so they don't need to go out.  Also, they are free fed so they aren't hungry
although their routine is to eat while I make Daniel's breakfast. No matter
how late I stay in bed, they don't utter a sound til I get up.  I'm so proud
of them.

How can people live without dogs?

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil (and Daisy the Yorkie)