[Dailydrool] Vocabulary

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:19:57 PDT 2012

Suzy came to us as a five month old buppy and thought her name was Suzy,
NO! for the longest time! In addition to trying to learn the rules in our
house, she also had her leg surgically broken when she was six months old
and had to be taken outside to potty by one of us (usually me) and it was
in the middle of winter. I would tell her quick, quick (because I was
freezing my butt off!) so now she associates those words with peeing on
demand. doG help me if I tell her quick quick while we're in the house! She
and Ginger both know go to bed because those two have their designated
beds. Ginger knows out of the kitchen. She had to learn that one because of
her food aggression. Everyone knows cookie, outside, wait, go for a
ride....all the usual stuff. Jersey and I talk all the time and I swear she
knows what I'm saying and the same thing for Shadow and her favorite man,
the dadperson. We have worked on no bark for years and you all know how
that has gone! I don't know if they understand the actual words or, because
we say the words the same way all the time but our pack has a pretty good
vocabulary!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with mastiffs Brutus & Sasha