[Dailydrool] Green lips

jazzystar at cox.net jazzystar at cox.net
Mon Oct 8 16:34:10 PDT 2012

I've never seen this problem mentioned here but maybe someone has
experience with it that can help us out.  Last summer and again this
summer, Emma Bean has gotten pink bumps and green fur on the sides of
her bottom jaw.  The vet says it's bacteria and yeast from the drool she
produces combined with the humidity.  We've tried several medicines like
creams and cleaners and antibiotics.  Sometimes it seems gone but then
comes back.  Today the doctor said that if it keeps coming back our
choices are to continue applying medicines twice a day or have surgery
to reduce the lip fold.  I hate to put her through surgery but she's
getting tired of all this medicine, too, even with a treat as a reward.
What do you think?  Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Carol K. and Emma Bean