[Dailydrool] Never say Never

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 8 15:20:43 PDT 2012

I may be clueless but I have learned this much about bassets.  Just when you
think they'd never .... ah .... yes .... they might.

My sweet, adorable, darling of a little baby girl Gracie would be the first to
point that out.  Excuse me, she's in the middle of chewing up my umbrella, hang
on ........

There we go, umbrella out of reach.  That's my perfect little princess ... hey,
wait, get BACK HERE with my .... just a sec ..... ok .... got the mouse back
from her.

She's the DICKENS is what she is.  And it seems to get WORSE instead of better
as time goes on.

I often think back to Thor .... remember Thor .... Thor was a very good boy.  He
still is.  He is just adorable and his Momma thinks he is a prize because he
is.  I ran into her this weekend and she says he is putting in for his OEBE.
WHAT???  Not my Thor ..... but there it is .... he's taken to chewing up the
FURNITURE.  Honest.  He never chewed a single thing other than a chew toy or
Cyrus or Snoopy the whole time he lived with me.  The first 6 months in his
forever home the same.  And he is pampered and spoiled beyond words .... his
momma sends him to a ranch to play 2 days a week while she goes to work so he
can get his sillies out and not be bored.  She NEVER thought he'd chew up the
furniture.  But he chewed it right up, just the same.

So never say never when it concerns a basset ..... they might you know.

I remain .... the clueless momPerson with Snoopy, LuLu and now Gracie ... HEY
.... give me that BACK ..... you come back here ... gotta go folks!!!!!