[Dailydrool] Heavy Heart

Cathy A. Wendling cwendling at milwpc.com
Fri Oct 12 05:49:14 PDT 2012

I don't post much on the DD anymore, but some people who've been around a
long time might remember my DJ.

DJ was a rescue from Basset Buddies Rescue of Wisconsin, the ninth dog
adopted out of the newly-formed organization in 2001.  At nine months of
age, he was hell on wheels until his brains arrived nine months later.  He
enjoyed doing volunteer work for the rescue up until about three years ago.

He collapsed on September 25th in mid-afternoon and was rushed to the vet,
where it was determined he was severely bleeding out due to
hemangioscarcoma.  Between myself and my husband, and the vet, we all agreed
that even attempting surgery was going to be futile, so we very sadly sent
him on to his next great adventure.  He was 12-1/2 and had a very good life
here with us.

I do miss him so.

Cathy Wendling
owned by Daisy Mae and Merrie the Australian Terrier