[Dailydrool] Vets

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 16:29:36 PDT 2012

My Vet is a good guy. I don't mean he's a good Vet, he is, but I am
prejudiced because I worked for him for so long. But his good guyness
extends beyond being a good diagnostician and someone who wants each and
every client to have the best quality of life possible.
Tonight for example, an old friend in another state called. She has sold a
puppy to someone up north in Illinois and the dog was sick. What the
original Vet told them to do was not only absurd but didn;t work, and for
two days the puppy (A yr old) has had liquid, projectile diarrhea. Their
Vet said he could see them in TWO DAYS!!
Now we all know that diarrhea dehydrates. This is a year old dog but two
days??? So this friend called me and said, who's a good Vet up there.
Well heck, I don't know!
So I called my Vet. He was in the middle of an artificial Insemination. (I
don't think the receptionist, who had no idea who I was, should have told
me that, but still...) Anyway I explained that it wasn't MY emergency but
someone else's, and I needed his recommendation for a Vet in that area. Two
minutes later one of the minions called with a name, phone number and
address.
Now, he may end up having to go to an emergency clinic because it is 6:30
at night and just because my Vet is open ridiculously late, doesn't mean
everyone is.
I hope all of you have Good Guy Vets. It's sure helpful.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc (the puppy.)