[Dailydrool] Abcessed Tooth and Vets

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Oct 18 03:08:42 PDT 2012

Momma here-Renee we send tooth drool and hope the drugs help Mr Horn-I have to say it reminded me of a story.
Back in the day, Elder Clara had the same thing, face swollen, we knew it was a tooth--off to the vets. Doc was off at the time so we see Doc 2. Now he had never "met" Clara and she was not a happy camper that night. They had a staredown, Claras lips lifted and a low growl, I told Doc 2 she means business, and she will bite you. I could see by the look on his face that he was mentally  asking how he got stuck with this old crone----she was in rare form.
We devised a plan, a basket muzzle, ----Clara was now past furious---and he tried to stick his pen in there to lift the flap and take a lookie. Clara grabbed the pen and snapped it into bits and spit it out at him. Oh she was so proud, he was shocked. We devised a plan, antibiotics!!!! Clara was too old and had a heart issue that prevented removal, and thankfully the drugs worked. Doc 2 said I will tell Doc about her when he gets back...I am sure he did, but I am not so sure it was about that tooth!!!
We are so lucky to have good vets, but over all these years, one thing that I know that has helped me and Doc is all the info and experience gained on the Drool. I can now say things that help him and I understand what he tells me, I can ask questions that help us both. Droolers rock!!!

Drool to all in need!!!!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake