[Dailydrool] abscessed tooth

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Oct 18 03:50:06 PDT 2012

Hi Renee,
We have had a few experiences with abscesses here.  Yeah, they really should
come out.   I am a big advocate for dental health.  Years ago, we adopted an
old gal, Sunny....who is why I fell in love with seniors.  Anyhow, she was
probably 11 when she came to us, and was with us about 2 yrs. before she
passed.  I fully believe that due to an abscess that we did not know about,
the infection spread and infected her whole body.  She was a very stoic
hound and never showed signs of tooth issues and while she had a dental when
we got her,  not sure there was another ever done.
While putting them under for an extraction is a worrisome thing to do,  the
alternative, in my mind, is worse.
Hugs to you all as you still heal from Ruby Reds leaving.

wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us out!
www.bassetshop.com          shop online and help the Bounders