[Dailydrool] need advice - puppy is coming

Barb Merritt mstecumseh at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 08:53:05 PDT 2012

I rarely post but read the Drool daily. I have 2 bassets,  Louie is 9 and Zoe is 5 both adopted from OBHR. OBHR had 8 beautiful female puppies born 7/18/12, and I will be picking up my baby 10/26/12. This is a retirement present to me. Here is my question, what is the best way for me to introduce this new little one to my group. I will be taking Louie with me to pick her up, Zoe does not do well in the car, I think that she may have been dumped. I don't crate my 2 however I have several crates set up for Sidney. Louie can be snarky sometimes, I want him to think that this is his puppy. He's good with dogs that are smaller than he is so I'm hoping it will work out. Zoe will be fine. I will appreciate any advice, thanks in advance.

Barb