[Dailydrool] Hungry Basset

Kathy Stott stott602 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 21 13:04:13 PDT 2012

My Jake is always hungry. He will eat everything and anything. Is this normal for a basset. If Jake gets a chance he will even steal food. I share everything with him and still steals food. I don't know what to do to calm him down. The vet said to feed him one cup of food twice a day and that is what I do. I feed him around 5 A.M. then at three he's  barking for more food and he doesn't stop until I give him more food. I work until 9:30 p.m. And when I come home Jake wants to eat. I usually feed him in the morning and at night when I come home from work. Can someone have a better solution.