[Dailydrool] Martigal vs regular collar

Chyril Sparks chyrils at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 15:07:23 PDT 2012

Marlene,

I have 3 pure breed Bassets and a Basset/Beagle mix and all of mine where Martingale collars.  They are great collars to wear and I have yet to have one slip their collar and easy to control when they decide to chase squirrels or rabbits.  I am careful when I purchase martingale collars since some are made very cheap while others have great quality.  I purchase mine from a site where the collars are made for Greyhounds but work great for my guys.  The collars are made by hand and the large size collars work for my guys and each one weighs over 50lbs each.

Here is the website, http://www.2houndsdesign.com/home.php.

Hope this helps.

Chyril to Harley, Annabelle, Olivia and Cassie

Ok , I am going to ask for some advice,  I have never used a martigale
collar before,  but I have to say that both my dogs have on an occasion,
slipped out of their collars  especially at the vets,  I need  to buy a couple
new collars and  need some input as to what to buy ,  Martigale or regular.
they never wear a collar in the house,  only outside or when we are on a
walk ,  if they are outside in the  yard  will the Martigale collar get caught
on anything ? like shrubs  ?

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags & Annie