[Dailydrool] just want to say something nice

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:46:54 PDT 2012

I have been in lurker mode for a long time now, but I had a chance meeting
with two basset lovers today to whom I mentioned the Daily Drool, and I
hope they join.  They are a youngish, delightful couple, and they were
walking two bassets on a street I passed.  Of course I stopped and asked to
pet their hounds, and I would tell you all about them, but I told the
couple about the daily drool, and should they decide to sign on, they
should be allowed to introduce themselves.

I am so sorry if I neglected anyone in caring while I was remiss in
posting.  I never in my life could imagine how hard it is to deal with
elder care.  That being said, Mom is stable, enough said.

I admire Pierre Jr. so much because he wags his tail so much.  We didn't do
ANY adventures this year because in our area tick and flea  protocols were
very high because of the warm winter.  Despite this,  I am thinking of
changing from interceptor and k9 advantix when I use up what I have to
Trifexis.  I know there is some issue about it, but to not have to put a
topical on a dog who is not in risk for tick infection would be great.

BTW, Jr. has a halloween plan, but I have to finish his costume.  It is
really great.

Jean Paul had a horrible cough, then the entire herd was pooping squirt,
but after about 6 weeks, the herd is pretty good, JP not so much.  The meds
for his cough may or may not be causing him to be soft all the time, some
days formed some days less, but I am mixing low residue wet and rice for a
meal for him when the others are in the yard, accomplished when my sister
is home, usually two days on two days off.  All are currently on a blend of
low residue Iams 50/50 mix with Blue healthy weight, for JP's sake, but it
will go back to Blue when the bag runs out.

I thought I would write (and I will), I thought I would play guitar and
bass (and I will),  well, I am cleaning more, one goal accomplished, but
mostly what the hounds let me do, and I am doing well, is cook.  Since I
decided to do pounds for hounds to support ABC basset rescue, I have been
struggling with ways to achieve healthy weight loss since I am a stressed
woman in the late stages of menopause.  Weight watchers is a wonderful
guide, and I am not always true to their plan, but because of them, I have
lost almost 30 pounds.   I know I can do better, but, realistically, I
don't want to rush the process, as now that I am older, my body needs time
to adjust.  When I was in my late 20's, and I was in graduate school, and I
exercised 3 hours a day and at bran and salad and lost 5 lbs a week, the
nurse who was kind enough to weigh me on campus pinched my skin every week,
and her concern was that I was losing too fast for my skin's health.

With 8 hounds, and they are getting older, I put my life wishes on hold,
but I am modifying my life style a little bit every day.  I am staying
closer to home, and hugging these hounds everyday as much as they want me
to do.  I wish I had a camera in hand the other evening.  There were 3
hounds balled up on one couch, and two stretched out on the other, so I sat
in the dining room.  They rule.

Pierre jr. is still a hit at the nursing home where my is at still.  We
want to bring her home, and hopefully by the next year we can.  We are
trying to get some renovations done to make it happen.  We will have to
hire outside help, once she is here, but I truly believe this is her wish.

Sorry for the long post,

Bev, drool for Nigel, and healthy recovery for him

I have a lot of catching up to do, and please forgive me if I have
forgotten anyone, but I always keep positive thoughts flowing