[Dailydrool] Maggie and Cricket

TC Hull thull at grantcounty.net
Mon Oct 22 10:34:31 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Here I am again, the one that hardly ever posts, but I do read the DD everyday as my time allows at work.  October 13th was one year that I lost my Maggie.  I miss her every day, but particularly last Saturday.  When I posted about her death last year, about 50 or so of you guys sent me emails, ecards, etc.  I still remember all of that and want to thank all of you who helped me through that difficult time.  This is a great community, brought together because of our love for our bassets.  I adopted Cricket from GABR here in Indiana in December of last year.  I feel that Maggie had her paw in me finding Cricket.  She is about a year and a half now and is just the best girl.  I am her "person" and we adore each other!!  She is so much fun and makes me laugh all the time.  I realize Maggie would never want me to be sad, which I was in an awful state when I lost her.  For a while I felt that I would be kind of disrespecting her memory if I got another dog.  I waited about 2 months and then decided to rescue someone.  Thus my Cricket.  I feel Maggie is happy for me.  I just felt like I should post and thank you all again for comforting me last year.  I feel for each and every one of you that have lost your basset ( and other dogs as well ), we all know how hard it is, but we are here for each other and that is a great thing!!

Thanks again.

TC Hull