[Dailydrool] Hungry Bassets

Speedster speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 11:26:55 PDT 2012

Metabolism is a great thing. I remember someone once said they feed their 60 lbs basset about 1 cup a day. Well Speedy says he will starve at that amount. He is a 46 lb basset and gets 2 cups. One in the morning and 1 in the evening. Speedy dispute his name isn't very speedy now a days. He still does the basset 500 in the evenings but that is about it. The vet says he is at a perfect weight and has been for the last 4 yrs. Although right now Speedy maybe a little chunky I suspect this is from the sitter over feeding him treats which is not helped by the DH feeding him treats.

Rambo my extremely active and neurotic Shar Pei is about 52 lbs and he gets 3 cups a day. Granted he is way more active then the speedster and for his built is on the skinny side. We'd rather have lean dogs then fat ones.

So I suspect metabolism is key for us.

Nancy momslabe Speedy and Rambo who both think are under feed

Sent from my iPhone