[Dailydrool] Gabe

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Fri Oct 26 12:13:29 PDT 2012

After the second round of prednisone kept Gabe comfortable for about three
weeks after the course was finished, I have scheduled an MRI with MedVet
in Columbus next week.  He goes Monday for all the preliminary tests and
then Thursday the MRI will be done.  It had never occurred to me that
human medical and animal medical facilities would share major equipment,
so I was surprised to learn that MedVet uses the MRI equipment at either
Ohio State Univ. Medical Center or Nationwide Children's Hospital , both
in Columbus.  My understanding is that they are taking Gabe to OSU.

I am fully expecting that scheduling back surgery will shortly follow.  I
have never had an animal have so major a surgery so I am not sure how this
is all going to go.  My personality is not well suited to being a nurse,
but I will do my best because it is my Gabe.

Alicia, Flo, the ever-wonderful Gabe, and Liz - all of whom have grown
very weary of living in a crucial battleground state