[Dailydrool] energetic cowboy

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:11:52 PDT 2012

Kacy~ you've been trained! He WOOFS in your face and you do something for him. Treats, play or walk. Whatever it may be. He has learned that WOOFING at you gets him rewards. What happens if he WOOFED at someone else? They ignore it I bet...and he walks away.
It's going to take some effort to re-train him (and you). When he starts this up- tell him NO, just once in a firm " I mean it tone" and turn away from him. You don't have to get up and move, but just turn your face from him and ignore him. When he doesn't woof- praise him and offer a reward. If he won't get out of your face- go in another room. Take a bath- clean the kitchen, whatever but ignore his woofing. It will be hard~ but eventually he'll get the message that woofing gets him nothing- being quiet does.
Good Luck, Angelika