[Dailydrool] Red pits

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:22:52 PDT 2012

Does anyone know if Desinex would be toxic to our hounds? The active
medication in it is 2% Miconazole Nitrate. I've been lucky so far and Gold
Bond has taken care of any irritations the Houndettes have gotten in their
arm pits and on their belly but I have often wondered if Desinex would work
better. I know dogs don't sweat but my girls all develop irritated pits at
one time or another and I can imagine that they're yeasty or have a fungus
moving in because their pits do get moist and it's a great breeding ground
for stuff like that. I never remember to ask my vet about the Desinex and
was wondering if any of you know.

The Houndettes are slinging batten down the hatches and stay safe to
everyone on the coast!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger