[Dailydrool] Drool rules

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 29 19:34:11 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's a much relieved momPerson here,

First off drool to all in the path of Sandy, may it be weaker and faster than
they thought.

Second off I did NOT waste my money today at the eye Dr.  And LuLu is going to
be just fine.  Thanks to DROOLERS who told me to go to the eye Dr at the first
hint something was wrong.  Something was wrong.  And, if left untreated, it
would have resulted in a loss of vision.  The doctor wrote:

"The issue in LuLu's eye is due to keratoconjunctivitus sicca (KCS).  When
inadequate level of tears are present the eye produces a thick mucous.  The lack
of tear production not only leads to mucous production but also scarring and
pigmentation of the  surface of the eye.

They prescribed a drop which should stimulate tear production by repressing an
autoimune response which is inhibiting tear production and they say within a few
weeks she should be more comfortable and symptom free.  They do say she'll
probably need drops the rest of her life but they aren't expensive, $70 for a
bottle which should last the year.

So thanks Droolers for the good advice.  LuLu gets to be a lot more comfortable
and doesn't have her vision degrade.  And .... it cost next to nothing.  You
guys are the best!

--Dale