[Dailydrool] Mast cell tumor treatment

Lisa Board lisaboardva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:18:57 PDT 2012

Drool to all the two and four leggers coping with the aftermath of
Sandy!  We got lucky here in Richmond, VA.

As if losing my Buckley weren't enough, Zoe has an aggressive cancer,
which the vet feels is a mast cell tumor.  Out of seemingly nowhere a
giant lump appeared on her neck/ chest.  She's dropped 10 pounds since
March.  The vet says the nausea is our biggest enemy now.  I have her
on 30mg of Cerenia and 10mg of Prilosec; she ate a little bit of
Prescription Diet I/D, made me really happy.  I am going to get some
chicken livers and boil them with Minute Rice tonight for her.

I've heard of aggressive prednisone thereapy for MCT, and would like
any feedback Droolers have.  Zoe is 11 or 12; she's a rescue, so no
one is sure of her exact age.

She is still getting around fine; a little woozy, but she's drinking
water, meandering around the house, barking, and going out the dog
door to do her thing.  My main objective is keeping her comfortable.

Thanks for any Drool you can spare!

Lisa