[Dailydrool] PA in the Path...

junij123 at aol.com junij123 at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 09:45:19 PDT 2012

Everyone,

While I rarely post on the DD--but daily read it outloud to FrankieB -I just wanted to send buckets of drool to all in the path and now wake of Hurricane Sandy. We hope everyone is safe and sound...and if really affected, our thoughts and prayers for a speedy clean-up and getting everthing back to normal.

We were warned here in Phoenixville, just outside Valley Forge, that we were in the direct path, so on Sunday, FrankieB helped me batten down our deck hatches and check our emergency kit/supplies. While I filled up all our plastic containers with water, reloaded our flashlights with batteries, and check our supply of candles and matches, should we be without power, he made sure there were enough biscuits and treaties to last...Then we hunkered down with a good book and a jigsaw puzzle and with Sebastian Cat who sought safety under the bed most of the past two days, we watched the wind and torrential rains wipe around us.

The powers that Be must have been looking over us 'cause unlike our neighbotrs in Philly and other outlying towns, we had no power outages--although the lights did flicker a bit--hardly any damage except a few trees down--one close to our house but, luckily, it fell away from us onto the sidewalk. FrankieB, of course, refused to go out to do his stuff, so I put newspapers over the foyer tile by our front door, thinking he'd remember his puppy training. At the sight of the paper going down, he woofed his motification and finally braved the wind and rain to quickly take care of business. Then he went back to his main job of keeping the (his) couch from levitating.

Thanks to Chris and all who sent IMs asking how we were doing. We're fine and mightily praying for those who weren't so lucky.

June
BBFF to FrankieB