[Dailydrool] my mom did that

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 30 13:50:28 PDT 2012

Hi Bev,

All of my moms dogs were bell ringers.  They were all labrador retrievers.  I am
responding to your post thinking people with bassets would want to know how to
do this, but if the moderators want to bounce it cause we're talking about Sheep
dogs and Labs so be it.

My mom had strings of bells.  Lllloooooonnnnnnnggggg strings of bells sewn on a
ribbon which was about 3 inches wide and long enough to hang almost to the
floor.  Labs love strings of bells.  She hung one from the door handle.  And
another just like it from the sliding glass door handle.

Every dog she ever had would wander over to the door because they had to go.
They'd be standing there waiting and they'd get bored (in about 4 seconds) and
start playing with the ribbon with all the bells sewn on it.  Mom would hear the
bells and go run and let the dog out.

Worked for every dog she ever had.  Me, I use a dog door.

Have fun,
Dale