[Dailydrool] Dog vocabulary

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:18:55 PDT 2012

I saw a documentary on the Science Channel a while back about a dog whose
owner claimed he understood several hundred words. They proved it by asking
the dog to bring them certain toys and go to certain rooms, and it was
right 100% of the time. This obviously may not be the case for every dog,
just like human's vocabulary can vary, but I'd say it's definitely possible
that we underestimate how much a dog can learn.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB