[Dailydrool] introducing a new puppy - Sidney

melissa gibson magbjh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 06:47:50 PDT 2012

Barb,

My advice seems to be differant from the others but this has always worked well
for me. I have always put the new dog out in the back yard which is fenced and
then let my other dogs out into the yard. They usually sniff around for a few
minutes before they even realize there is another dog in their midst. I have
always heard not to bring the new dog into the house through the front becuse
the other dogs will see him as an intruder of their territory. In the yard they
all check each other out, sniff butts and then all tromp into the house
together. I have done this with new dogs, fosters, overnighters and never had a
problem. Best of luck with your new bundle of joy!