[Dailydrool] arm pits

Dave and Sue Autry SAUTRY at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 26 16:37:42 PDT 2012

Ellie,

I have the same problem with Tilly's armpits.  She is 5 1/2 and loves to go for long walks and plays in the play yard and does the basset 500 with our other two dogs everynight.  She gets oplenty of exercise but she is a VERY LOW to the ground, short-legged basset who weighs 60 lbs.

I try to bathe her once a week with gentle puppy shampoo and I do use the Gold Bond antiitch cream.  Also to clear it up if it gets really red and blistered, I use a hydrocortisone cream.  The dollar store has it cheap and I have even found it for 99 cents at the grocery!!

The key for Tilly is the weekly mild bath.  She is so low to the ground that she gets dirt up under there and I can't really keep her clean without it.

Before I bathed her frequently, I used peroxide to clean the armpits almost daily and let them air dry.  I used to use the Gold Bond powder, also.

Slave Sue to Tilly -I'm much happier with my dry armpits
                            Phoebe - full black lab - no skin issues - Yeah!!
                            Harvey - bassador - I LOVE my two sissies