[Dailydrool] bathing your dogs in the walk-in shower

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Sun Sep 2 14:04:16 PDT 2012

I have done this many, many times with up to 4 hounds in the
shower at one time (our shower is big).  But I do have a word
of caution here as the fall that I had back in May that still has
me recuperating took place in said shower.  I had used an
allergy shampoo on my dogs that is hard to rinse out of their
fur and I think there must have been some shampoo residue
on the tile floor because it was like slipping on ice.  I went down
so fast I was vertical one second and horizontal the next and
screaming in pain with a very broken ankle.

So I would suggest that you make sure you have shower
mats or even bath towels covering your shower floor
whether  you are using an allergy shampoo or  not - I
know I will . . .  in the meantime, Bill, who is not a fan
of bathing the dogs, has been handling this chore. Well,
it's more like speed bathing but at least they get mostly
wet . . . you can be sure I will be taking extra precautions
when I can do this  doggie chore again.

Donna, still not drool fueling the hounds, and Gracie,
Bosley and Sunny