[Dailydrool] yappy's & alpha's

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun Sep 2 16:23:00 PDT 2012

Hello Drool Family!  I just had to had my 2 cents in on these two topics. If its even worth that...lol  Anita, I think that I would try a benadyl for Mr.yappy butt. Maybe it will take the edge off.  Either that or try some composure or other all natural sedative for doggies. Its either that or I think that I would consider water boarding the little sh*t. OOOHHH, and a case of wine for you all.  Ahhh heck don't pussy foot around just go for a Cap'n Jack!  (1 shot of Jack Daniels, 1 Shot of Captain Morgan and 1 shot of coke) That will definatly take the edge off you and hubby. I love all dogs, but somehow I just don't see anything under 10-15 pounds as dogs. Just me.

As for who is alpha amongst the Bad A** Basset Brothers...it is hard to say.  There has never been any growling, tiffs, or any typical alpa behavior that is obvious anyway.   Ruger will groom Colt, licking his mouth and inside his ears...which I am told is alpha behavior.  But Ruger will back off if he is laying next to me on the couch if Colt comes up and worms his way in.  Ruger likes to use Colt's fluffy butt as a pillow. They will both eat out of each others bowls...no fighting, no resistance what so ever. Maybe it's because they are brothers and they just work as a team, maybe they are like bachelor lions just relying on each other and backing each other up for survival.  They are both fixed, so maybe that has something to do with it. Plus I just try to keep things fair and balanced between them.  They both get handed cookies at the same time if possible, if not then I try to roatate who gets theirs first. And neither gets any more or any less, or any different treats or food.  (Unless one is sick) .  Maybe they have deciede to have a fluid alphaship...one takes lead at different times for different reason.  Who knows. I'm just happy as a pig in mudd that I have a mostly peaceful home....Who knows the balance of power could end up in chaos at anythime.  Ahhh life with bassets!

Love and drool to all.  Heart healing drool to anyone that has lost a beloved hound to the bridge.
Michele Momma of the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt - Laid back and easy going like his twin Brudder Elwood
Ruger - who is a little more high strung then Colt.

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...