[Dailydrool] Alphas & question

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 07:11:07 PDT 2012

Jersey is our alpha but she has never fought with any of the others. She
rules everyone here just by force of personality I guess. She has put
Ginger on her back a couple of times and stood over her (while we held our
breaths to see what was going to happen!) but there wasn't any teeth
involved and, surprisingly, Ginger just melted into the floor instead of
retaliating. Ginger has gone after everyone else in the house including the
mastiffs when they're here but not Jersey. I can't figure it out but I'm
relieved that Jersey is the queen....all hell would break out if Ginger
took over!

Regarding the Composure. How quickly does it work? I'm not into giving the
hounds medication unless it's absolutely necessary but Ginger is becoming
more anxious during thunderstorms. I'm just wondering how soon before the
storm gets here would I need to give it to her if I decided to try it?
We've gotten by with reassurance or she'll go into her crate if she gets
too anxious but I want to know how to use the Composure if her anxiety gets
any worse.

Apparently it's going to be a day for messes. Jersey started vomiting last
night....multiple times and never on a solid surface. Always on the carpet
and once in a chair. UGH! She's on clear liquids for the day. I dropped my
open container of fresh pineapple this morning and it didn't just spill, it
splatted! Now the c at t just threw up. The mastiffs are here and it always
shocks me at how much these two drool! We have lots to spare plus some for
everyone! It's looking like its going to be one of those days!

Heart healing and get well drool is being slung to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with mastiffs Brutus & Sasha