[Dailydrool] Little girls peeing in the house

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:07:48 PDT 2012

I believe some Bassets just have a lot more difficulty grasping this
particular concept than others.
I also agree that being a puppy mill dog makes it much harder for her to
understand that you don't pee where you live, since that is what she has
understood as the right thing all her previous life.
I also assume you have tested her for a UTI. These little girls get them at
the drop of a squat.
I had a neighbor with a notabasset that was housebroken. After awhile they
decided they didn't like dog hair (it was a pet shop Akita) (They bought it
knowing zero about the breed and when I showed them how big Akitas get they
nearly had a heart attack. It was nothing compared to what happened when he
began to seriously blow coat.)(Don't write me about them. I really was so
disgusted I could hardly stand it.)
Anyway they banished him to the garage, where he proceeded to pee and poop.
They had no clue that he had been HOUSEbroken but not GARAGEbroken. He
didn't understand at all. (They got rid of him.)
The point is, housebroken to one area does not necessarily carry over to
another.
One of my Bassets was a year old before he figured things out. He only peed
in the house, never pooped.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis and Conley