[Dailydrool] Rosie's cough

Shirley snoozinhounds at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 04:17:58 PDT 2012

I posted some time ago about my puppy Rosie (amish puppy mill dog) and her
cough.   Well ,it has been 9 days shy of 2 months since I first took her to
the vet and Finally we have no more coughing!!!!!! HOORAY.  Still don¹t know
what she had  but she has taken 2 rounds of Clavamox, 1 round of Doxycycline
and she is now on Azrithromycin. By day 2 of Azrithomycin we were down to 4
coughs in 2 days now nothing.  Of course she has not been officially
pronounced well by the vet and we don¹t know exactly what it was but no more
coughing.  Yesterday she had round 2 of her puppy shots and a rabies shot
(makes me feel better)  so we are on our way to being a healthy girl. It has
been a struggle since she also had a uti during this time. I took her to a
different set of vets and took along all of the notes from the old vets
which allowed the new vets to see what had happened previously.  The
difficult part is that except for the cough she was a happy, busy pup.
Thanks for everyone for your advice and concern.  Will finish this round of
antibiotics and in 3 weeks another set of shots and bordatella vaccine and
we will be ready to be spayed. Hard to believe that she will be 6 months
this month.  She is a love and it has been worth every penny spent.  Thanks
all.
Shirley Mueller
Mom to Sally Belle, Gordy and the non coughing Rosie