[Dailydrool] night heat

Beth Howering momarroo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 04:00:04 PDT 2012

I thought I sailed through menopause.  A few hot flashes, a few nights
of waking up sweltering, some crabby days - but overall nothing to
gripe about. But last night (it was 45 degrees out - no heat on yet) I
woke up SO HOT!  My hair was plastered to my neck and it felt like
1000 degrees! I did not need to open my eyes to realize that a basset
was leaning hard against my upper body and on my pillow. Not just any
basset. No, it was Vito, the living heat machine.  He apparently
wasn't warm enough at the foot of the bed where he keeps our feet and
legs warm.  He moved up so he could generate maximum heat capacity
between Bill and my chests.  HOLY COW!!  If it was Arfur, it wouldn't
be a problem because a., he doesn't get that hot and b., he overheats
himself and gets off the bed.  Not Vito.   He sleeps like a rock -
NOTHING wakes him other than getting a little cold.  When that happens
he either rolls himself up in OUR blankets so we wake up freezing or
he burrows between us and cranks up the body heat.  Not usually this
much, but let me say we rarely need anything more than a light blanket
any more. Whew.

Beth, slave to Arfur and Vito

P.S. We are drooling for all in need and for any broken hearts.  Are
way behind in our Drools, but keep you all in our prayers. The best
community of people anywhere.

--
*
Word for every day: gratitude*