[Dailydrool] happy/sad

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 14 14:41:48 PDT 2012

Hi, it's me again, the clueless momPerson,

We haven't been to the dog park lately.  We went once after Cyrus left us but
nobody had their heart in it and we hadn't been back since.  Gracie came to stay
and she wasn't spayed, and then she was just spayed and then ... well .... we
just didn't go.  Until today.  Today I hemmmed and I hawwwed and first I was
going to take the two girls and then I was going to take my super Snoop and
finally I just took all 3 of them and stacked them up like cord wood in the back
seat and took them off to the dog park.  They had SO MUCH FUN.

Little Gracie had never ever even dreamed that there was anything like that
ever.  She was in heaven.  She trotted and she pranced and she sniffed and she
introduced herself and she was just too cute for words.  And LuLu stays pretty
close to me but she likes the other dogs.  The dogs there were all known to
Snoopy and nobody cared if he barked like an idiot.  There was one dog he was
playing with and the dog got tired and sat and Snoopy sat next to him just
barking and barking and finally the dog turned to him and cocked his head like
"what?  whatcha barking about?"  It was cute.  And then I almost wound up in
tears.

This gentleman I know had 2 elderly black labs the last time we was him.  He
lost them both in the last 6 weeks ..... and rescued a 2 year old male the size
of Cyrus.  Big and black and beautiful.  He brought the dog in and of course the
big boy was all about the ball.  Snoopy took one look and went charging over
there, head down and screaming.  The man said to me "that's Snoopy, he's not
going to bite him, is he?"  I said no ....... he's missing Cyrus we lost him 6
weeks back.  So the gentleman threw the ball for his big boy and the dog took
off across the park after it with Snoopy in hot pursuit.  The lab brought the
ball back with Snoopy on his heels and dropped it at his person's feet and then
he and Snoopy both sat and the guy threw the ball again and the lab took off
with Snoopy right behind him.  Went on about 15 minutes.  I finally called
Snoopy and took him and the girls home.  He was so tired he could barely stand
up but he was NOT going to quit until I called him.

They had such a good time.  Snoopy came home and laid down on the floor in the
entry way on his back with the biggest grin I've seen on Snoopy in forever.
Gracie and LuLu are asleep on the couch behind me and Snoopy is still asleep in
the entry way.

More later from the clueless momPerson who is really glad .... just really glad