[Dailydrool] another Montana update and Notice

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 21:42:18 PDT 2012

To update all our Drooler friends:   The Sawtooth Fire is now 5,000
acres and out of control.  Some areas are on Evacuation Alert as the
fire is getting too close to mountain homes.    It is west of Hamilton
which is just 50 minutes down the road from us.  My Arabian Horse I sold
to a friend is down there, Reba......and I am now getting worried.
The air quality now as of 10p Mtn. standard time is so bad that it is
unhealthy to be outside.  All sports activities, school reassess,
anything OUTSIDE is now cancelled. Yesterday my eyes burned alittle
while in Missoula visiting the Alpine Vet Clinic with my basset Lakota
Sue....mother of my Augustus Mc Crae.  She has a walnut size hard growth
right in the middle of her dewlap area deep down near her throat. Upon
aspiration......all we got was fat cells and blood.   We are medicating
and monitoring and returning in 2 weeks .....hopefully....no further
growth felt.....cause Kota sue is around 15 yrs old and getting
aggressive on an old lady makes me nervous.

next:   well, another problem with the economy around here.....VANNS
...   an audio and visual TV and appliance store just announced is
closure.  A few months ago K MART announced is closing. Little by
little....  months ago MACY'S closed down...and list goes on. ADOPTIONS
ARE DOWN....no they are about NIL.  I am getting so attached to all
these rescued babies that I decided I had to step up my efforts.    What
do I do.?  Well, for starters..... I already went on a t.v. station with
Hank in my lap spreading our word.....to no avail.   Not one response
even being on a major television  news broadcast.  So when another t.v.
station suggested sending in stories for their newscastings..... I
decided to do so.   Below is what i emailed the television station.
If anyone else has any good ideas to help spread our word .......that we
have dogs here needing homes....please do share them with us.    We do
have a FB for Basset REscue of MT., we advertise on Craigs list, etc
etc plus in the Bitterroot Tidbits.. a fun little newsmag. Thank dog we
have just a few compared to larger rescue organizations with so many
more.  Well, for me.....even 6 doggies for me right now is plenty for me
to care for........ So, below is what the t.v. station received today
from us.

KECI...televison, Missoula, MT.

Our story is one of /hope/ and /anticipation/ for the 3 rescued Basset
Hounds here at Basset Rescue of Montana.   "Checkers" was brought to us
as a very starved hound with ribs showing and his tricolored coat looked
like he lived in a sand bucket.    "Jingles" was tossed about for over 2
years on an internet site for giveaways.............coming and going
into 4 different homes who just did not have the time to feed or offer
him love and care.  Then there is our congenial and happy-go-lucky
Hank.....a mixture of pure Beagle/Basset/Terrier delight!!!  His front
legs are so deformed that it must scare people off as he has not had
even/ONE/ application in all the time we have had him here at the
shelter. Each one of these precious happy and healthy boys wait everyday
for a home of their own.  Their stories of abuse would make you tear up,
as I do every time I tell their stories.

This is only a little tip of a story that needs to be shared with our
county, and state.   We are here-- providing food, vet care, training
and lots of love........../they/ are wondering where is their permanent
family?

Thank you for considering our story for KECI.

Yours truly, Leslie Ames..R.N.
                     14600  Springhill Rd.
                     Frenchtown, Mt. 59834
                     406-207-0765

--
Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager