[Dailydrool] playful hound

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 21 09:07:04 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Oh my, little Gracie is a bundle of mischief today!!  On the plus side she
hasn't peed on the floor in a few days.  She's funny ... she'll got 4-5 days
without a mistake and then she'll have a day which a total disaster in which she
has 2-3 mistakes and then she'll go another 4-5 days without one.    She's very
private and tries to hide when she pees ..... so it's hard to help her ..... she
uses the dog door when no one is looking to go out .... anyway ......  It kind
of reminds me of when my kids were 2.  They'd go days (weeks) without any issue
but if they had ONE issue on a given day that whole day would go downhill and I
couldn't wait to put them to bed and start over on a new (clean) day.

Snoopy isn't here to make mischief and Gracie is DEFINATELY taking up the
slack.  She started off wrestling with LuLu up and down the hall ..... furry
little alligators .... but LuLu is six and after half an hour she is DONE and
went to sleep on the couch behind my desk in the office.  So Gracie (who the vet
said was 4-5 initially, but we're now thinking ~2) bounced off in all
directions.  No Snoopy to tease .... so off to Juliannes room and back with a
shoe.  A new shoe.  A new Tom.  One of those lacy WHITE ones.  She brought it to
me after she'd had her way with it.  She chews but she doesn't make holes or rip
or fray ..... however the shoe was SOAKED and we'll see what color this WHITE
shoe is when it dries.  Couldn't find the mate.  Oh joy.  Julianne waited for
weeks for those shoes, they were on back order for ever, she really should have
put them away ....

I should have put my cashmere lounging pants away too but I didn't and Gracie
pulled them down off a chair and high tailed it out of my room with them.
Fortunately they tripped her up and I got them back before they got taken out
back or mouthed much.

Mommy's little dickens is something else.  And LuLu, who should be konking her
good, is sleeping on the job.

more later from the clueless momPerson who has NO IDEA how to take care of a
young basset and needs Snoopy back NOW before Gracie does anything else.