[Dailydrool] Update on Delilah Belle

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 16:53:57 PDT 2012

The vet we saw today was new to us, but referred by a trusted friend.  We were SO impressed by him and his staff.  He spent a good five to ten minutes feeding Delilah treats to slowly gain her trust before examining her, then carefully, gently and thoroughly examined both eyes, including staining to look for any corneal abrasions or other injury or damage which, thankfully he did NOT find.  Then he showed me the conjunctiva of both eyes but especially her left one.  It was fire engine red and continuing to weep.  He diagnosed her with an acute case of conjunctivitis.  I expressed concern re: glaucoma but he said he was 99% sure this was not the case.  With her eye as inflamed as it was he said he would be unable to get pressure readings anyway.  She was prescribed two kinds of drops; an antibiotic for the infection and an NSAID to help with inflammation.  She is to have them three times daily.  He said she should start to look and feel better in a few days but to call the office immediately if I felt she was not improving.

I am relieved that this was not worse.  Her right eye was visible for most of the day today, a good thing.  Off to give her her drops now.  Thanks SO much for the prayers, good thoughts, e-mails and drool.  Droolers are the best!

Hugs, Sandi, Mamaslave to poor little Delilah Belle "I don't like this one bit..." and Dozer "I don't want what she's got, Mama."