[Dailydrool] Tigger

Vikki Grauf fudgelady_vikki at att.net
Fri Sep 28 21:16:11 PDT 2012

21 years ago, an abandoned kitten was found in the middle of an almond orchard,
it is my firm belief we were led by an angel to it.

She was right at about 10 days old, her eyes were open, but had no teeth.

I had never had any cat before, much less something this tiny. She was a tiny
tri-colored calico, so very tiny next to three giant slobbering hounds, and hair
that stuck out like a pine cone.

The plan was to give her to cat rescue after I got her weened from the kitten
bottle, but first I had to learn a few things. Like after she ate, I had to
massage her little tummy so she would go poop, not that fun, but necessary. Next
lesson was the litter box, more fun.

Of course the basset hounds thought she was either food or game - so I had
to guard her diligently.

When I thought she was ready to go to her forever home, nobody wanted her, and
it be came apparent she was already at her forever home.

Time went on, and being she was never exposed to any other animals than my
hounds, she firmly believed she was a basset hound, she even matched them color
wise. When another cat showed up in THEIR yard, she was always with the pack to
shoo the offender away.

I bought her several cat beds that she wouldn't even look at, as she already had
a bed - mine.

For over 20 years she slept on my head, and obvious source of irritation for the
hounds, why did she get to sleep on the mama's head, and we don't?

Then it happened, Sunday morning at 3:30 in the morning, I heard a "thunk" and
an "owww" - Tigger had some kind of fall. Like old people I guess, a good fall
can take them out, though I did my best - I had to let her go to the Rainbow
Bridge this afternoon.

  She is being cremated, and she will be coming home when I receive the call she
is ready to be picked up.

A darling little white ceramic kitty urn that will sit on my nightstand for the
remainder of my days, a reminder that love can be lost in a blink of an eye .

So tonight there is a new star in the sky - and a hole in my heart.

As bad as I feel at this moment, it was totally worth it. I guess the best way
you know for sure you have a heart is to have it broken.

A wise man once told me, pain is the price you pay for the love.

Give extra love and treats to your loved ones tonight in memory of a tiny
abandoned cat.

Every moment is precious, and will never come again.

I once thought an angel guided me to her, but now I know she was the angel.

Always Vikki