[Dailydrool] kind, loving bassets

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 29 14:48:36 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Yesterday started out to be a regular day, work, school, Gracie up to no good on
a near constant basis .... when around 2:30 I found a small amount of vomit in
the hall.  I attributed it to Gracie .... who had already chewed up a long list
of stuff by 2:30 PM.  I cleaned it up and went on with my day.  I had an
appointment and went out for about an hour.  When I came home Julianne was
giving out dog cookies from the bakery that my husband had picked up.

Then, he turned to me and told me he had seen LuLu being sick in the bushes
outside.  WHAT??  LuLu?  Why .... I don't know why she would be sick is she ok?
 Well, she was out back urping up the treat Julianne had just given her.  3rd
time.  Oh GOSH.  And after what we went through with Cyrus a little more than a
month ago I just froze.  I rushed over there and was holding her and stroking
her and trying to figure out what to do.  She wanted to eat grass, she seemed
kind of animated for someone who was puking .... she was drooling ..... I told
my husband to go get me a Pepto Bismal (we keep the pills around for the dogs)
and I shoved one down her throat.  She wanted to pace and I wouldn't let her and
all of a sudden she made this click sound and right after it the HUGEST belch
..... and then she just wanted to lay down.  Gas??  She went inside and had a
big drink of water (I pulled her away from the bowl after a minute or two) and
she was ok for an hour and a half.   Then, it was dinner time and she wanted to
eat and like an idiot I fed her.  She lost about 1/3 of dinner about 1/2 hr
later.

I was cuddling her and worrying my clueless head off when Snoopy brought LuLu a
toy.  Well, LuLu doesn't play with toys ... so he layed it on her back.  Then he
raced inside and brought back his most precious possession .... his birthday
elephant.  It's the toy I bought him when we adopted him (this is actually the
15th or 20th one, he uses them heavily).  He came racing outside with it and ran
over to LuLu squeaking it and rubbed it up and down her back while I cuddled
her.  Out came another huge belch.

LuLu seems fine today, albeit a bit tired.  She is wagging and she is eating and
drinking and hanging out with the pack. I guess she ate something that didn't
agree with her.  We are all (including Snoopy) over sensisitive now after what
happened to Cyrus.  I am very touched by what Snoopy did for LuLu.  How kind and
thoughtful.  He knows the birthday elephant always makes him feel better and was
clever enough to realize he could use it to make LuLu feel better too.

I love bassets.

More later from the clueless momPerson