[Dailydrool] Ernie our mystery boy

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Mon Apr 1 13:21:38 PDT 2013

You might remember the problem we are having with Ernie
getting in and out of the BUV.  He snarls and growls, then
once he’s back on the ground he wags his tail like nothing
ever happened.  A few people suggested we have him examined
in case he was hurting.  Had 2 docs give a thorough
orthopedic exam and think he is fine.  Sooo, last week I
loaded all the hounds into the BUV to go to the cabin.
Ernie got in okay.  Just a little snarling.  Got to the
cabin and he was ready to get out.  Didn’t wait for the
ramp or help.  Just jumped.  It wasn’t high.  He ran into
the house, and out the back door to check out who had been
in his yard while we were gone.  I left the doors to the BUV
open while I was unloading.  Next thing I knew, Ernie had
slipped out the front door and made a B-line for the BUV.
He got on the front passenger seat and started growling and
snarling. I mean vicious snarling.  This was a good 10
minutes after we had gotten out and sniffed the yard.  I
coaxed him out with a cookie and he snarled and ran after
me.  Tossed another cookie and his tail started wagging.
He’s like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hide. We just can’t figure
it out.
Ann