[Dailydrool] Talking

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 04:00:08 PDT 2013

I was chatting with another drooler about the Bassets vocalizing. Llewis
talks. We think it is because he cannot do some of the other things the
dogs do because of his frozen leg and other strange afflictions.
So he talks. He doesn't just bark or bay: he mumbles, he hums, he wow-wows
like a Malamute. He snarls and growls but he also gurgles and humphs, yells
and whispers and when we walk in the door (even if we just took out the
garbage) he hollers--and he keeps it up. He tells us about his day, their
day, the other day, his complaints, his pleasures, who shut a car door a
block away and when.

Just wondering if this is typically Basset-- none of my others have been so
verbal-- or what.

MomPerson to Llewis (who never really shuts up) Nigel, Conley and Doc
(whose voice is changing.)