[Dailydrool] Thank You Everyone

Ursula Kramer rodurs at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 4 09:43:10 PDT 2013

I have been a member of the DD family for more years than I care to admit. First in California and now in Oregon. This does not mean I am leaving but just want to acknowledge the rest of the DD family. I usually lurk but occasionally post when the Bassets give me a few free moments. You see I am a foster mom to senior Bassets as many of you are and we all know how demanding they can be. I have had great advise from Dale, sympathy from many of you  when I have had to send one to the bridge, and laugh at the escapades of some of the other bassetmoms out there. I had to write this because we do not always remember to thank everyone in our lives for the things they do for us. Being a foster mom to seniors is sometimes a thankless job from those that toss away a loving hound but we reap the benefits from the love we get from the hounds. Recently we have had many a post about seniors that miss their former home and families, I have seen a few of those come
 through and they break my heart every time. They will mumble, grumble, pout and cry no matter what you do but they do thrive and that is the most important part. To the other foster moms of seniors keep up the good work, we sometimes have the hardest job of all, making that final decision to send the to the bridge when in our heart we want to give them just one more day. Back to giving belly rubs, cookies and listening to their stories as they bark, whine, mumble and howl that something was just not done right or not soon enough!