[Dailydrool] Condolences for Floyd and other rescue items

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:55:24 PDT 2013

My babies & I are sending heartfelt condolences on the loss of your
handsome Floyd. I think, just like people, that some dogs are more
emotional than others and some may never really get over a horrible
experience or a heartache, but while they may not seem to completely adapt
in a new and wonderful home, I think that deep down, they do. They may not
show it, or may always be wary, but I'm sure that when they do make that
trip to the bridge, they leave their abiding love and a big piece of their
heart to their one-true owners, and that's the many wonderful people who
rescue so many of these beautiful babies and give them wonderful forever
homes. I think that just like people, they can put up a wall that might
never come down, but they show their love the very best they can.

As for crawling through fur, I hope that guy's hosebag of a wife never
comes to my house. She'd be crawling through fur everywhere. That reminds
me, I REALLY need to vacuum! I will never, ever understand how people can
just toss these wonderful creatures out like yesterday's trash. The cruelty
just boggles my mind. Thank GOD for rescue and all the wonderful people who
take them in and give them loving forever homes. And for the people who go
and do rescue at some of these horrifying cases, I commend you. There is no
way that I could do because I would go triple-Marlene on them. I consider
myself a gentle person but whenever I hear about cases of animal abuse (or
child abuse), something inside of me almost snaps and I feel like an Amazon
woman. Years ago, I kicked my once-fiance to the curb one winter's night
when he came home drunk and threatened the cats I had at the time. I
remember jumping up in the middle of the bed, in my underwear, and I
started hurling everything could find at his head, and the wrath that
poured out of my mouth still astounds me to this day. There's just
something about picking on the less fortunate or the helpless that makes me
go postal! If I rescued, I'd probably end up in jail because I'd take a
ballbat to somebody that I knew purposely hurt animals.

Oh Marlene, I thought of you the other day when I was out walking the kids.
There's a wooded area across the street from my house and I saw FIVE young
deer running around. And bless you & hubby for going through all of that
grossness & body aches to feed your babies. You should qualify for
sainthood. Saint Marlene (whodathunkit)!!!

Drool & prayers to all who are sick or have lost a baby. I look at my
little old gray Cleo and constantly think of what the heck I'll do when
she's gone. It's almost too much to think about. Of course, I did inherit
my mom's worrying tendencies. I just love my babies so much, it's screwy.
Oh well, I think I'm in great company!!!!

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."