[Dailydrool] Maggie was my talker...and crooner

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 11:32:31 PDT 2013

I love the current comments about "talkers". My Maggie d'Earest was a BIG
talker until her last year or so. We'd have the whole conversation every
evening - "How was your day": arrooOOOooo, woowooroo, "Tell me more":
Rwoowoof, arooOOoorooroo - and we'd go on forever. And sing? That girl loved
to sing. When Mom and I would take her in the car I'd turn the music up and
sing along, and Maggie would be crooning away in back.

I miss that so much. Dexter is a lover, but not a talker. And that's really
sad, because he has such a wonderful deep "big boy" voice! Sometimes he'll
talk to the neighbor kids for a moment or two and I get a thrill from that.
But mostly I only get to hear him complain when someone comes to visit. He's
a real ladies man - he's all over any women who come over. But doG forbid a
GUY should come in the house. Dexter hides around the corner or in the
hallway, and barks incessantly, like the world is coming to an end. He
doesn't do well with strangers either. I keep taking him for walks, and to
the dog-friendly stores with me, but it's not getting better. It's not
getting worse, either, and there's no aggression or other inappropriate
behavior, so I'm not too worried. (Maggie was wary around some men too.)

Anyway, maybe my next furbaby will be a talker. Hopefully it will be a long
time before I have to find out though. Leia Round and Dexter are quite
healthy, and happy, and I'm not planning on expanding the family again.
Small place - two is enough. They're already underfoot all the time <grin>!

Tim 'n Puppies: The Replacements
  Leia Round (I'm a princess in my own universe)
  Dexter Dogstar (snuggle me more, daddy!)