[Dailydrool] How To Start Your Day

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 04:20:27 PDT 2013

2 a.m.
Llewis, who slept through the evening constitutionals awakes and decides he
MUST go out.
I let Doc and Conley out of their crates, put on my slippers, pick up the
flashlight and open the door.
They nearly kill each other each one trying to be FIRST ME FIRST NO ME NO
GIDDOUDDAMYWAY!!

I get outside and they are already at the corner of the Summerhouse and
they are doing the Critter Dance:

GET IT! NO WAIT! yEAH GET IT! NO WAIT! GET IT! etc.

I am thinking
Please god, no skunks, foxes, bobcats, coyotes or mountain lions, hawks or
vultures.

It is a hissy-faced Possum. I stand in front of it-- it is partially
hidden-- and put a alb of ex-pen as a barricade.

Didn't you guys have to pee? I ask quietly. Oh hey yeah that's right pee we
have to pee let's go pee MP watching the critter. The instant Doc is done I
suggest there might be biscuits in the house. I have not moved from my spot
protecting the Possum. There is a mad dash for the kitchen.

I turn out the yard light (such as it is) and close and lock the door and
I know Ms. Hissy Face is gone. I wish they would stay outta the yard.

MomPerson to Nigel (who missed it all) Llewis, Conley and Doc.
PS.
Have a good day everyone.